Cookery Demo Raises for €2,400 for Aaron’s Hope With More Fundraisers Scheduled

By Alan Sheehan

0
1636

The Cookery Demonstration for Aaron’s Hope raised €2,400 for the Shanagarry student’s treatment last Thursday, 8 June.
Ballymaloe Cookery School in Shanagarry hosted a Cookery Demonstration by nutritionist and cookery teacher Debbie Shaw last week which was sold out.
“The cookery demo went very well,” said Sheena McGlone of the Aaron’s Hope fundraising team. “It was sold out. We made €2,400 from it, which is a fair whack of money. Debbie Shaw, a teacher in the cookery school, ran it. It was fantastic. Everybody I talked to enjoyed the night and hopefully they’ll try the recopies as well. It was a wonderful community effort again.”
This Saturday, 17 June sees the Goal Post Bar in Shanagarry host a Coffee Morning from 11am-1pm, with two large-scale fundraisers set for the beginning of July, with the proceeds from each event going to Aaron’s Hope.
Garryvoe Hotel will host a concert by Gina and the Champions along with Ronan Collins as special guest on Sunday, 2 July with doors opening at 8.30pm. Tickets cost €20 and can currently be purchased at McCarthy’s Newsagents in Midleton, as well as in stores in Ballycotton, Garryvoe, Centra in Cloyne and Broderick Filling Station in Shanagarry.
“We are delighted that Collins is coming down and that Gina and the Champions are joining in,” said Ms McGlone. “Hopefully it will be a sell-out gig. We’d love it if people bought their tickets early just so that we know where we stand. It should be a great, entertaining night.”
The day before the gig in Garryvoe, Churchvilla Football Club will host a Fancy Dress Soccer Tournament at their home ground Kilboy Park on Saturday, 1 July from 1pm. The entrance fee per player is €10 and matches will be played five-a-side with all players in fancy dress, or else paying a €20. All teams must be mixed with girls’ goals counting double and each team must include at least one male dressed as a female on the pitch at all times. There will be two age categories on the day, one for Under 16's and one for adults.
Aaron’s Hope is a trust set up to fundraise for Aaron McMahon, a 16-year-old from Shanagarry, who underwent brain surgery to remove 80% of a chordoma in March and is currently in Essen, Germany receiving specialised radiation treatment to remove the remaining 20%.
A GoFundMe account to cover the costs can be found under Aaron’s Hope, with more information available at the Facebook page of the same name.

Advertisement