Volunteers from Midleton Community Garden at Midleton Hospital are running outdoor workshops again during the coming season.
It’s not the best time of year to be outdoors right now, but it is a good time to spend planning what will happen in our garden during the coming season.
We are delighted that Mary Walsh has very kindly agreed to run another series of educational workshops and we invite young and old, beginner and veteran gardeners to participate.
Garden Workshops run Saturdays 2.30pm to 4pm:
• February 3rd – Apple tree and rose plant pruning.
• April 7th - sowing seeds indoors and planting - onions, brassicas, potatoes outdoors.
• June 2nd – transplanting seeds, weed identification and control.
• August 4th - pest and disease identification and control. Harvesting crops.
• October 6th - Winter care for a vegetable garden.
• December 1st – Fruit tree care, creating an orchard.
Please dress for outdoor conditions. Children accompanied by adults are welcome.