The AGM of Saleen & District Residents’ Association will be held on Wednesday 12th June at 8pm in Saleen School (new building). Please come along to show your support for your local area.
Over the past year, association activities have included:
- Continued maintenance of village green areas and shrubs
- Regular clean-ups of Jamesbrook Strand, Saleen village and R630 roadside areas
- Winner of Pride in Our Community ‘Best Maintained’ area award
- Periodic community coffee mornings
- ‘Know Your Area’ community heritage event in September 2018 in conjunction with Scartleigh National School
- Installation of roadside fingerposts for Saleen village and Saleen Church
- Positioning of additional heritage information plaques at Jamesbrook/East Ferry
- Local area newsletter in December
- Village Christmas tree and carols
- Fundraising concert which raised €6189 for CHASE (April 2019)
- New seating at Green Acres, Saleen village, Saleen Creek and East Ferry Pier
All are welcome to the AGM on Wednesday 12th.
Anti-Litter Challenge update
Saleen has entered the 2019 Cork County Council Anti-Litter Challenge. The areas to be judged include Saleen village, Cois Coillte, Briarsfield, Woodview Lawn and the roadside between Green Acres and Ballydwyer.
Saleen received 96.8 marks in the first judging period. Thank you to all who help to keep the area litter free. Judging continues until Wednesday June 19th. Points will be deducted for each piece of litter and each cigarette butt found. We would particularly ask smokers not to discard their cigarette butts by the roadside. Unfortunately, almost 30 cigarette butts are discarded daily in the village and along the roadside between the village and Green Acres!
Please help to keep our area litter free!
IRONMAN Ireland - Saleen Area Volunteers
On Sunday June 23rd 2019, the IRONMAN Ireland event will take place in East Cork. The 180 km cycle route will include Cloyne, Saleen, Green Acres, Bawnard and Midleton.
Volunteers are needed at road junctions in the Saleen area. If you would be available to help on June 23rd, please contact Jerry O’Brien on 086 8262746.